Thursday, February 10, 2011

100 Day Challenge...Day 28

Still going, you guys! Still kickin' 100%!

My kids are so sick. It's really gross, so I'll spare you the details and just be thankful I haven't gotten it. I'm warding it with Grapefruit Seed Extract, which is the absolute WORST tasting thing on the freaking planet, but so incredibly effective. I've used it in the past to obliterate Candida but the list of things it will heal is really impressive. Check it out.

I've been playing around with food ideas and inhaling the new watermelons that have been showing up here in California. I'll be the first to admit that watermelons in February normally taste like, well...water, but this one was so sweet and delicious! I got it for $4 :)

Look at the color!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cruising around 30 Bananas a Day, I ran across a photo of a meal I HAD to replicate for myself, check this out.

Photobucket

Um, yes, it's exactly as delicious as it looks. Mango salsa on romaine chips, made with sweet ripe mangoes, organic tomatoes and fresh chopped cilantro. I didn't so much eat this as shove it into my mouth really fast. So good...I used to buy mango salsa at Trader Joe's, and the flavor was really similar. It was really only missing the salt and onions, but then it would have been less sweet.

I just juiced my very last orange this morning, so I've got to get down to that market and see what they've got. Oh, and I'm excited for Friday, when GRAPES go on sale for 87 cents a pound!

This first month has certainly had it's ups and downs, but I've recently been putting a lot of thought into what I'd like to do once this challenge is over. I'd like to maintain this way of eating, and definitely keep my diet free of toxins. I'm so looking forward to summer, when I can devour all kinds of melons, berries, local peaches and cherries...mmm...yeah, there's really no reason to ever not eat like this. I've really been pounding down the greens, as well, and that's made everything all the more enjoyable. Sometimes I'll take out 2 heads of lettuce before 11 am. It feels good to be part of the resistance, and I'm satisfied I'm doing my part to make sure that no dark leafy green is left alive.

The food fantasies have died down dramatically. Where dreams of Subway and bean burritos used to haunt are now occupied by the occasional fond memory of miso leek soup and steamed broccoli. It's no longer a need, either, but calm thought. I could, but I just...don't need to anymore. My nutritional needs are tracked and met, and the lingering effects of toxins are subsiding, leaving me much more in control of myself and my decisions.

The running is going great! I'm really falling in love with the sport, and I can definitely see this quickly becoming a habit. I'm beginning my fourth week on the program, and I'm intuitively drifting away from strength training as my body begins to crave more yoga. I used to practice quite a bit last year, but I moved away from it in favor of faster, higher impact activities, which are admittedly my favorite. However, I can feel without a doubt that my body wants yoga. The running is amazing, but my legs are tight even though I'm consistent with my stretching. I also feel like it goes deeper than just stretching, and I miss the balance and effortless calm I could fall into within minutes of starting a yoga session.

My body is talking back to me. Through my attraction to different fruits and greens, my desire or disinterest in overt fats day to day, my muscles, my skin, my quality of sleep...I feel like I'm learning a new language. I'm happy with this...I want it to become stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment