Tuesday, January 18, 2011

100 Day Challenge...Day 4

Today is actually day 5, but I'm switching over to writing about the previous day rather than try and report on something that's still happening.

Yesterday I was out shopping most of the day, so my menu looks a little different, but it worked out well for me, especially since I walk/use public transport for all my traveling. Dates rule on the bus, as long as you have a bag for pits.

Breakfast: Juice of 11 Navel oranges, 1 inch of ginger, 2 carrots, 1/2 a cucumber and 1 head romaine lettuce. It looks a little something like this, only in a glass.

Photobucket

Can you imagine if I tried to eat all that whole? I love juicing.

Lunch: 5 bananas, and an hour later, 12 Medjool dates

Snack at the bus stop: 8 Medjool dates

Dinner: Smoothie of 3/4 of a pineapple and 4 bananas, 1 apple

I'm starting to make some interesting connections regarding my life and my diet. I'm shocked at the lack of cravings I've been dealing with. I thought it would be awful, but so far I've had no intense cravings, only minimal memory-induced ones that are easily dealt with. However, yesterday I experienced a near setback followed by a moment of clarity. These impulses have absolutely nothing to do with hunger, malnutrition, or any actual physical need for nourishment. They are entirely emotional and perpetuated solely by my belief in their existence. It's my own reaction that creates the cravings in the first place. For example, if there is a particular stress in your life (and I'm sure you, like me, have several), reacting to that stress by coping with food invents the craving itself. As always, you are the creator of everything in your life, even the things that are "beyond your control".

I went online and got about 6 packs of synthetic hair, so along with starting school again, leveling my Elemental Shaman, building my website and business, making those hairpieces and oh, yeah, cooking, cleaning and taking care of two toddlers, I should have plenty to keep me busy over the next...gajillion years, lol?

No comments:

Post a Comment