Sunday, December 12, 2010

Something fun to try...

I hang out at 30 Bananas A Day quite a bit, and not too long ago I ran across an interesting thread where people were partaking in a challenge where they would consume nothing but oranges and cucumbers for a specific amount of time. There are a lot of short term mono fruit diets that can help your body to cleanse out any extra gunk and reorient your taste buds, but this one sort of stood out to me. I don't know, maybe it's the 50lbs of awesome, tree ripened local Valencia oranges sitting in my kitchen, or the fact that cucumbers are 2 for 1$ this week at my local grocery store.

I'm SO not ready for a long challenge, but I'm giving it a go today, and maybe tomorrow, depending on how I feel. I don't want to use up all my oranges for the week in a few days, but I usually have some left over each Saturday, so it'll even out at the end of the week. I really want to go a few days without overt fats and this is a really easy way to do it.

Oranges are freakishly nutritious, and I'm aiming to juice around 35 of them today. That will put me at 2100 calories, which is a little less than I normally eat, but if I'm hungrier than I'll just...eat more. The cucumbers are getting juiced with the oranges, although I'm certainly not eliminating the possibility of a cucumber/orange salad tonight. I just really like drinking my food, and I'd like to take the emotional aspect out of eating, even if it's only for a short period of time.

So, the menu for today is simple, even more so than usual:

As many oranges I care for, 30 being the minimum, and 2 cucumbers.

I'm also going to get outside under this BEAUTIFUL overcast, emo sky! If there's one thing I love about winter, it's the dreary, monochrome visuals. I'm also going to be working on my new hair and possibly dipping my toes in the creative writing pool to work on something I promised to write for an event. Happy orange day!

No comments:

Post a Comment