Friday, October 29, 2010

It's DONE!

My Master Herbalist coursework is in the post, and on it's way for grading!

Things have been crazy the last few weeks. I've been spread thin between fandom projects, case studies and tying up loose ends on my certification, apartment inspections (which means carpet cleaning and wall scrubbing), and my kids' birthday party which is this weekend. If I ever run out things that have to be done immediately, I'll be really, really happy.

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast: 5 bananas and 1/2 a Caribbean Red Papaya

Lunch: Banana Date smoothie (8 dates, 5 bananas)

Exercise: Grocery shopping, then a 2 1/2 mile walk and more shopping (off day)

Second Lunch: 2 lbs red grapes and 2 large Asian pears

Dinner: Pureed pumpkin soup and a large green leaf salad with yellow pepper, 1 large tomato, and 1/2 an avocado

The pumpkin soup was to-freaking DIE for! My family and I carved pumpkins last night together, and when I say together, I mean my two kids lost interest halfway through (both toddlers) and Seth and I finished it alone. And when I say Seth and I finished it alone, I mean I lost interest 3/4 of the way through and Seth finished it alone. But I swear, I was in the kitchen. Why? Because with out pumpkin scraper, we managed to scrape out a giant bowlful or shredded pumpkin meat, and we just HAD to eat it :) Pumpkin soup was very simple, just blended pumpkin with ginger, cinnamon, and garlic. The flavor was incredible, and I'm doing it again with a large butternut squash I've yet to cut into.

No comments:

Post a Comment