Friday, December 23, 2011

Juice Feast: Days 5 and 6!

I'm sipping on an apple-cucumber-celery-ginger juice as I'm writing this. Day 5 was not so fun. I'm having a hard time letting myself rest, and I keep getting frustrated with how little I'm accomplishing. I'm supposed to be letting my body heal, but the urge to "get stuff done" is strong. I completed about 35 minutes of weight training yesterday, which was fun, but my moods are a little erratic and the weird fuzziness in my mouth is now full fledged ick, and tastes bad. Brushing definitely helps.

Today was much better. I woke up feeling weird in my midsection, and I rubbed my stomach and found that any and all bloating and irritation in my digestive system is gone, and my stomach was MEGA flat. What a nice way to start the day. My clothes fit so much better. I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose like some people who do juice feasts, but I'm seeing a lot of water retention disappear rapidly, as well as any candida-caused tummy puffiness. I'm not using a scale for this feast because I'm not here to lose weight, I'm here to detoxify my body, but the good news is that excess weight is just a symptom that can usually be easily cleared up by detoxification. So, it's a win-win.

I spent 4 hours today grocery shopping for myself and my family, and not once did I feel pangs of hunger. I shop at a lot of discount markets where they sell some of the most horrific poison ever deemed safe for consumption, so it's always being shoved in my face at every endcap, but willpower is ALWAYS stronger when the body is filled with mineral-rich foods. That's why I always recommend green smoothie to all my clients, even the ones who aren't interested in raw foods. I drank 36 ounces of orange juice before I left, and made myself another juice when I got home. There's always Jamba Juice if I get stuck somewhere. They can make orange and carrot juice, as well as wheatgrass shots, although I'm already over halfway finished with my feast, so I don't really have to worry about it much longer. I'm really happy with how things are moving along, and I'm so happy that I decided to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment