Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Juice Feast: Days 3 and 4 with Pics!

I can't believe how fast the time is passing! Today is day 5, and there's only 5 more days until Christmas!

Day 3 was by far the best day yet. I was at a holiday cookie party all afternoon, which normally would have been a nightmare, but I brought two huge jars full of mineral-rich juice and kept my tummy full the entire time. It's amazing how satiating the juice is, and my body seems to really like it!

Day 4 is where things started to shift for me. Yesterday I had a burst of energy in the morning, followed by a general tiredness that washed over me in the afternoon. By evening, I was pretty listless, and tried watching a movie, but it wasn't as good as I'd thought it would be (The Change Up) and it ended up making my mood worse. I gave myself a short Reiki session after everyone had gone to bed, and that helped my mood a lot, and I slept through the night for the first time in a long time.

I've got an icky taste in my mouth and a fuzziness on my tongue that won't go away. Completely normal, but still slightly unpleasant. I'm also experiencing a resurfacing of various memories that, while not forgotten, aren't ones I think about commonly, and these memories are accompanied by strong surges of emotion that run the gamut between joy and sorrow. I let these come, and acknowledge them. Detoxification happens on all levels, and I'm happy that I've done this before, because I'm better equipped to deal with a wide variety of possibilities.

Today is day 5, and even though I slept well and my body feels awake, I still feel listless, and I don't really want to do anything. I made scrambled tofu for my kids as a treat, and it wasn't the least bit appetizing, so if you're worried about your willpower on a juice feast, I'm happy to report that both times I've juice feasted I was amazed at just how awful cooked food starts to smell and look after a few days. Though, I sometimes sit and think about all the fruit I'm going to tear through when I'm back in the land of the eating. I'm planning on having a juice for breakfast on Christmas, a green smoothie for lunch, and either a juice or another green smoothie for dinner, and starting mono mealing fruit the day after. I was planning on ordering a take out meal from The Green Boheme, but I think that even raw gourmet would definitely be too much for my stomach after 10 days of juice only. However, I have BIG PLANS to hit them up the week after Christmas and have a nice dinner!

I haven't been exercising since I started the juice feast, and I'm feeling like it's time I should. I miss it, and my body is asking for it, so since I'm taking in plenty of calories I'll indulge in some seriously fun rebounding this morning! Rebounding is one of the best exercises you can do, especially during a cleanse, because the motion encourages detoxification all the way down to the cellular level.


How about some pictures? This was one of my first meals: a bag of organic baby carrots I snagged for 60 cents, a large cucumber, a couple cups of grapes, and an entire bag of romaine lettuce. Romaine tastes very romaine-y, just so you know.

This is breakfast on day 3: 5 apples, a large cucumber, 1 head of celery, and half a bunch of kale.

Today I'm going to try and get something done. I played about 5 hours of Skyrim yesterday and defeated The Wolf Queen, so here's hoping I can achieve something similar in the real world today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment