Wednesday, January 26, 2011

100 Day Challenge...Day 11 and 12

Yesterday, I ate:

Bananas and persimmons

Smoothie of bananas, dates, and spinach

Mangoes and bananas

Oranges

Has anyone else noticed my eating habits changing? I feel like I eat a lot more simply now than I did last week. I'm also eating less times per day, as my meals are getting larger and I'm feeling full a lot longer. I really like eating 4 times a day. It gives me plenty of time between meals to focus on tasks, but I don't have to wait too long between meals. I also don't usually have breakfast until about 2 hours after I've woken up. I take my time and sip on about 1 liter of water, sometimes with lemon, and take some spirulina on an empty stomach.

I know a lot of peeps out there are against supplements, and that fine: as long as you know why you're eating the way you do, I don't have any problems with what research you base your habits on. My personal research and my education have led me to the fact that modern day food is not as nutritious as it once was, and I don't mean back when we were all hunter/gatherers. I mean this: no matter how locally grown and organic your food is, it provides, on average, only 1/5 of the micro nutrients it provided 100 years ago. That means your poor, walk-both-ways-to-school great-grandparents got more nutrients than today's health-conscientious organic buyer. And DON'T even get me started on RDAs...yikes.

I use a few inexpensive, whole foods based supplements such as organic spirulina, kelp iodine, hemp, nutritional yeast, chia seeds, etc. I don't mean Centrum freaking silver. Don't mess yourself up on cheap, synthetic nutrients because they aren't even absorbed well by the human body. That's like relying on cow's milk for your calcium (loling forever at those new "calcium gap" yogurt commercials)- you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Ask me how school is going.

Oh, hey, it's going great, thanks for asking!

If I have to read one more paragraph about epithelial tissue I'm going to start losing sleep.

Anyways, back to the 100 day trial. I'm feeling really, really good, you guys. Really good. I'm feeling drawn to wake up earlier these days, and my body is sending me to bed way too early for my tastes. I usually start to nod off right when things online are starting to pick up, putting a major dent in my online party lifestyle. Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment