Friday, October 7, 2011

New Nut Mylk/Strainer Bag!

I just got this great bag on Etsy and I wanted to share it here with you guys. I have a smaller one from Mountain Rose Herbs which I use to strain big pots of tea, but since it's cotton it holds water a little too long and tends to drip and take forever to dry. Enter the nut mylk bag- made with BPA free mesh material, this thing is a dream to work with, and it strains very well, so well in fact that I am currently drinking pulp free orange/spinach juice that I made with my Vitamix.

Instead of buying another juicer since I loaned mine to my sister, I decided that my Vitamix was plenty powerful enough to pulverize the greens I'd rather not have to chew, like kale and chard. I just blend them up with an apple or lemon, and then transfer the whole pulpy mess into this bag and squeeze. I dare say, this method gets more juice out of the pulp since you can just keep squeezing manually till there's nothing left, and it only takes a couple of minutes to juice an entire Vitamix pitcher (and I've got the big one).

There's nothing more rewarding that drinking a huge juice breakfast with the knowledge that there aren't a stack of juicer parts waiting to be cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment